Heavy Duty Wheelchairs
If you or a family member exceeds the weight capacity of standard wheelchairs, heavy duty wheelchairs can fit your needs and provide much-needed mobility assistance. Many standard wheelchairs can usually only support between 250 and 300 lbs. of weight. At All Time Medical, we have heavy duty wheelchairs with weight capacities between 400 and 700 lbs., depending on which heavy duty wheelchair you choose.
Not only do heavy duty wheelchairs offer increased weight allowances, they also offer greater seat widths, an essential feature for larger-sized patients. Standard wheelchairs typically offer seat widths between 16 inches and 20 inches, whereas heavy duty wheelchairs have seat widths between 20 inches and 30 inches. Reinforced frames, upholstery and wheels make quality heavy duty wheelchairs durable and long lasting.
Choosing Between Heavy Duty Wheelchairs
Buying a wheelchair is a considerable expense, so it only makes sense to shop carefully. When choosing the right heavy duty wheelchair for you or your family member, you have to consider a number of different specifications including:
- Weight capacity (heavy duty wheelchairs have no standard capacity)
- Seat width (also not standard)
- Arm style (desk arms or full arms, padded or unpadded, stationary or adjustable height)
- Leg rest style (stationary, swing away or elevating, padded or unpadded)
- Wheel type (transport or self-propelling) At All Time Medical, our heavy duty wheelchairs provide comfortable mobility to users of almost any size. We offer several different models from several different manufacturers for you to choose from. All of our models feature options that can be customized to meet the needs and specifications of individual users.